am-one-int.co.uk (the “Site”) is operated by Asset Management One International Ltd. with registered office address at 30 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7AU.
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers
References to "Asset Management One", "we", "us" or "our" are references to either Asset Management One International Ltd. and the entities we own or control.
The types of information we collect from you
Personal information (which includes 'personal data' as defined in Data Protection Legislation) is generally collected so that we can deliver requested materials or information.
We may collect and store the following types of personal information about you when you use the Site or by corresponding with us (for example, by email) for any reason. The information given to, or collected by, us may include:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your email address and telephone number;
- information in connection with communications you send us, for example to request further information or report a problem; and
- details of the functions and services you use on the Site.
The personal data we collect may also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your health or ethnic origin. Where reasonably practicable, we will usually seek separate permission from you in writing to process these special categories of personal data.
Automated collection of information
Each time you use the Site, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
- Technical information: For example, the type of internet browser and the operating system. We use this information to help provide a good user experience on the Site.
- Log information: For example, the details of the use of the Site by you, the visits to the Site and traffic data. We use this information to help us understand how users use the Site and to improve user experience.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary: (i) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; (ii) where required by a legal or regulatory obligation; and (iii) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, namely: (i) collecting user information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Asset Management One’s business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested and to provide them efficiently; (iv) to ensure that the content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; (v) to allow you to participate in any features on the Site when you choose to do so; (vi) for our own marketing, research and investor relations; and (vii) for the efficient running of our business.
Purposes of processing and use of your personal information
We may use your personal information specifically to:
- to manage and improve our Site;
- to tailor the content of our Site to provide you with a more personalised experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our Site;
- communicate with you;
- administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- keep the Site safe and secure; and
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to respond to information requests, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies and protect our rights and property. The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with other companies in the Asset Management One Group if this is necessary to fulfil our obligations, respond to your enquiries or for any other related purposes.
We may also provide third party advisers and service providers access to information where they support or provide services to us. We will ensure that if we share information with, or provide access to, third party service providers, any such disclosure or access is at all times in compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
We may also share your personal information with:
- analytics and search engine providers that may assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- third parties who support our information technology or handle mailings or events on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person); and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Links to other sites
The Site contains links to other websites. Asset Management One is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites to which links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information. This privacy statement relates only to information contained on, or gathered via, the Site.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
You have a number of rights concerning the way that we use your information. At any time, you have the right to:
- be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from whom it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- request access to or a copy of any personal data we hold about you;
- request the rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- request the erasure of your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- object to your personal data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your information;
- request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data; and
- ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to you or to another service provider or third party where technically feasible.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with applicable Data Protection Legislation.
Security and storage of your information
We take your online security seriously and have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Once we have received your information we will ensure that the collection and use of your information is in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. All personnel of Asset Management One are required to keep personal information confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
The Site uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer protocol) encrypted transmission for services that involve the handling of visitor information. With SSL encrypted transmission, visitor information is encrypted prior to transmission.
Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the Site.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") to a country not deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission, and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers, related companies, agents or contractors. Such transfers may be made in order to improve the Site or to assist in our security or fraud protection activities.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the EEA, we or they will impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA. We or they may also require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing.
We do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling in relation to your personal information.
Cookies and setting your preferences
This Site uses "cookies" for the purpose of ensuring security and providing appropriate information when visitors access it. Cookies are a technology that enables the identification of repeat access and visits to the Site by the same visitor through the storage of certain text files (information) on the visitor's terminal via the web browser. When you visit our Site from any device (mobile, tablet or PC), we collect information about your use of this website, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the Site and the way you interact with it.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functional, Targeting, and Social Media. However, the cookies we use on this Site contain no information that identifies the visitor.
Ordinarily, browsers are configured to accept cookies, but a visitor can change the browser settings to refuse to accept cookies or to display an alert when a cookie has been accepted. Please be aware that blocking some types of cookie may impact your experience of our website, and note your preferences will apply to all of www.am-one-int.co.uk.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy